Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Bubble Gum Rapping With Linda At Starbocks


"Bubble Gum Rapping With Linda At Starbocks"

I was sitting across from a cute blond at Starbocks. 
Told her I hated getting up in the dark morning on winter days. 
We both agreed that winter was a bad time of the year because it got darker earlier at night, and the sun didn't come out until later in the morning, making it harder to rise from bed.
I told her that spring and fall were my two best seasons.  She told me spring was her best.
I got up for my second cup of iced green tea and sat back down with her.  I told her my name was Jon and gave her one of my cards.  Told her I liked writing poetry.  Linda responded that she looked forward to reading some of my poetry, and introduced herself by shaking my hand.  She went to talk to somebody, and left.
I went for a third cup of ice tea.  Chriss, my Starbock's barista, told me to go out and do a rain dance for the inclement condition.  I walked outside and performed a sun dance.
I told the guy at Starbocks that I knew that he and the people who work there have been swiping my cards in the machine and robbing me of all my money.
Some guy came in tonight and said working at Starbocks was out of the question.  The turn over rate was much to high.  Not as high as the turn over rate at the cemeteries, I replied.
So Linda, if you read this, try to reply without any English accent.  I'd be troubled if you wouldn't because I sound like I speak with an accent myself.  

Jon Billet

No comments:

Post a Comment