Saturday, June 21, 2014

Traveling In My Mind

“Traveling In My Mind”



I was close to Cassius in Rome.


Sang psalms to Saul.


Fought with the Goths and Visigoths in Scarsdale Village.


Worked in an enterprise free zone.


All by myself alone at my home.


I am not what you want me to be.


A victim of your mind’s slavery.


You will never let me go free.


Like a captured bird that is seldom heard.


Give me a newly released word.


That has no text or texture.


Like a newly arrived mixture.

The future will be full of noise and toys for all the girls and boys.


Herbs and rices to all the San Francisco spices.


Sunny melting ices.


Just roll the dices.


Mitosis of psychosis.

Sanity’s metamorphosis.


That’s what war is.


Goodnight and don’t live in fright’s plight.


I’ve got invisible sight in my imaginary flight.


Please don’t get me uptight.


The time seize!


We love your iced teas.


A sneeze for eyes to see and blur all.


United I stand, divided I crawl.


I’m sixty years small.


The fall gives me its call.


A tree was once tall.




By Jonathan Billet 06.19.14.



No comments:

Post a Comment