Thursday, September 13, 2012

Banking On My Off Days


"Banking On My Off Days"

I actually live close by the Citibank of Larchmont.  When I go into the Citi, the people who work
there tolerate my temper tantrums and give me money.  I love it so much, I'd like to spend my
nights in the Citi vault.  They could serve me my dinner and maybe I could install furniture, a
TV. set, radio, and kitchen inside the vault.  Don't laugh, I'm one of the many valued
customers they have coming in.  It's no sin that money drives the city of Larchmont.  These
diligent workers don't run anybody's lives but their own.  I wish I could conduct my life as
one of them does: coolly, calmly, conscientiously, and considerately.  They're always
working hard to support charities with the same spirit of kindness and care as they give the
consumers who visit the Citi.

By Jonathan Billet - 09/10/12

No comments:

Post a Comment