Wednesday, February 13, 2013

A Groan


“A Groan”



The cats are eating their fish and playing with their catnip.

I'm getting high eating the leaves of a eucalypti.

On a spring road downtown, tomorrow will beg and borrow.

It doesn't bargain to pay.

A goatee's apostrophe on a goat.

Send me all your emissaries and ambassadors.

King Billy Goat told his people.

Puns are enough fear.

Is that clear?

He can only hear through one ear.

I drank to much beer and now am a seer.

In my dreams, I can hear silent screams.

Moans and groans coming from a dungeon's door.

Nobody knows the trees are always growing.

While they breathe perfumed air and die.

Keys and cheese tease as mice and men do.

TV screens spit out yellows purples, and greens.



By Jonathan Billet 02/13/13

No comments:

Post a Comment