Monday, June 24, 2013

Let Them Eat Light


"Let Them Eat Light"



Filtered, reflected lights that are refracted and blinking on and off.

From where I'm lying I can't see anything but million year old shadows.

Got thrown in a pool of mud fifty feet deep.

Sunk in and got pulled under.

The clouds get caught in my eyes.

They get caught in my nose.

Some of the purple ones get stuck in my ears.

The green ones ooze through my toes.

Like the booze I'm caught up in them.

My eyes are full of yellow smoke clouds.

Chocolate, strawberry, pecan, blueberry, raspberry, lemon, and lime.

Tomato, potato, salt, pepper, copper, silver, and gold.

My nose can smell them and my mouth can taste them.

The clouds are on the ground.

They fell there.

Just like they got stuck up in the sky.

Clouds can be made of pollinated bee's wax and so can flaming tires.

Fires cause flames in Colorado Springs.

The fire's flames consume the island's pyramids.

Cooking is their morning rule.

The Viking eats his breakfast gruel.

Is it cool or cruel to be a ghoul?

Send me back to nursery rhyme school.

Follow the melted mule.

Nothing is not impossible!

Nobody is responsible.

Neither is nothing.



By Jon Billet

No comments:

Post a Comment