Sunday, May 4, 2014

Misquoted


"Misquoted"


This is the garbage I've made up until now.

Please let me live another twenty years.

I will write more trash, I promise.

One of those days I will write a decent line.

I quoted the quote wrong.

It really read, "I'd rather be swimming in my coffee than drowning in my tears."

The other day, Cosimo came into the store and it started to pour indoors.

Everybody pulled out their umbrellas.

It was hot outside and the sun was shining.

Writing of the weather, how did you like the snowstorm?

I was in the same organic food store downstairs from my apartment.

Talking to my Israeli friend with the thick accent.

My buddy Zor makes the women go crazy.

Joel, the Mexican worker was with us.

I watched the blizzard blow by and saw an occasional customer come in.



Jon Billet revised 04.30.14.

No comments:

Post a Comment