Friday, August 19, 2011

Morning's Dinner Served


"Morning's Dinner Served"

Walking past the pond and zoo, we swing on leather strapped seats in a yellow sunlight's park.
Sitting on a bench of steel and cement while sharing secret kisses and whispers in each other's ears.
A wooden, green painted seesaw is spotted and goes up and down, bumping our behinds in the dry sand.
Suddenly, a warm summer shower's rain covers our face, as the wet earth and the hot pavement's coolness dampens the air, filling our nostrils with green moisture.  Grey thunderclouds roll in and it pours.
We run away.

It’s dark out there in here.  I can see the dim lights disappear and hear the frosted rain against my blinded window panes.  I walk down my hall's stairs to the frigid white snow below.  The heavy, fast, flakes sting, making my
head and hands numb.  I can't feel my toes and my teeth begin to chatter quickly.  The snow is up to my knees and none of it has been cleared.  My lips and ears are turning colors and my face tingles in the winter
blizzard's freeze.  I am headed nowhere fast. 

No comments:

Post a Comment