Monday, August 1, 2011

Study of a Stud

"Study of a Stud" 

My roommate at the boarding school I attended many years ago had all his teeth extracted after spooking a horse.  Always removing the "falsies" he wore. This character would show his toothless gums and reveal a protruding hole in his mouth.  This occurred every night before the lights were turned off by the dorm master.

The love of my life, whose name was Elana, asked me to go horseback riding years later.  I didn't know if I'd be more spooked than the horse, and refused. Elana was a lovely creature and well built like a beautiful chestnut mare.  We both had our own chipped tooth.  

To this day, I always speak with my mouth covering my teeth.  A real rift transpired while I was drunk on the telephone.  She didn't let that one go until our college years.  After I dropped out of college, we broke up.  Many years later, after messy divorces, we put our relationship to an end.

Doomed affairs of the heart afterwards, I am stuck with a woman that reminds me of my buddy from my academy days.  Flatter than a board and wears "falsies."

Messy affairs these lives are!

By Jonathan Bilet
alias Jonnie Goldprick

No comments:

Post a Comment