Monday, October 14, 2013

Dear Ms. Rashkoff


"Dear Ms. Rashkoff"

Dear Ms. Rashkoff,
I graduated both 2nd @ 3rd grades with you and my class.
Nothing was to blame, but I always thought I was a failure, and kept it my disgraced secret.
That only made you give me more love and understanding attention.
We were all your favorite kids and got pencils and a party when the 2 years ended.
You, our loving, ingenious mentor of a true muse, who only had a kind word.
We, your innocent, young, and beautiful children.
There was no such thing as failure, all your classes were successful endeavors.
Not only for you, our proud teacher, but for the class, as a whole community.
You were the benevolent leader of that community.
You knew success was not gain.
What was more important is the person you are.
I never did let you down in that respect.
Which perhaps is why I'm writing this tribute to you.
I never stayed in touch even though you wanted me to.
My love for you is like a never dying flame and in my heart you will remain.
You are my laughter's tears.
I'll never forgive you for turning me into the softee I became.
I have finally slayed the book dragon and rode the reading rairoad.
I conquered my fear of learning after many years.
I'll never forget when my mother invited you to my house for supper.
We ended my graduation day with my favorite chocolate vanilla twirl cake.
I'll always be your number one fan.
My love forever.
Your student for life.

Jonathan Billet  10/09/13

No comments:

Post a Comment