Friday, December 6, 2013

Drunk Skunk


                                                        "Drunk Skunk"

I'm lying in a park bench in the past.
Inebriated and half dead on booze.
I'd be better off instead, dreaming this at home, in bed.
Is this really in my head?
I sleep drunk and smell like an angry skunk, which stunk.
I can feel the weight of the world.
A ton of steel on top crushing me.
But that won't hurt me in a dream.
If the dream is real.
I feel like shouting a scream in this dream.
It's as frigid as dry ice and hotter than a molten lava stream.
No songs to play.
This and every day.
The dream is not here to stay.
But life will not pay.
But cost to age.
Said the fool in the cage.
In reality an enlightened sage.
Who is in the author's written page.
All the rage in a television's stage.

By Jonathan Billet - 12.05.13.

No comments:

Post a Comment