Sunday, February 8, 2015

Shallow Moon

"Shallow Moon"



Running away from sun shadows.

Getting lost in the hours.

Hiding inside big dumpsters.

Joker jumping out and running down the street.

My feet walk awhile into a restaurant where I take a seat.

I pick up a bite to eat.

Can hear a distant musical beat .

I know it's time to go to sleep.

Dreamed I was in trouble deep.

Falling off a mountain that was steep.

I fell into a dark cave.

Didn't feel well because it was like being in hell.

My mind starts to swell.

Ideas jell into my head as I lay in bed.

Morning breaks.

The shopkeepers are getting ready to sell.

Listen to a bell. 

Singing a ringing.

I answer my door as a package hits the floor above the store.

But I feel it's impending doom.

Did I wake up too soon?

Underneath the shallow moon.

I hear a new tune.



By Jon Billet..._.-02-05-2015

No comments:

Post a Comment