Monday, August 17, 2015

Prairie Schooner

      "Prairie Schooner"




Traveling near the sound.

Driving up and down the town.

While a police megaphone let's out a blaring sound.

This I hear on the rebound.



The country is a fun place to visit.

The cows graze on grass and granola bars.

Under billions of lit up stars.

They guide my way.

And will stay until day.

I feel as though I'm living in an actor's play.

Where the man in the moon will have his say.

Off earth and on Broadway.



Times Square is not really there.

Life isn't always fair.

Especially when it gets in your hair.

So be a doer.

Don't make the world any bluer.

Time traveling is for the fewer.

Many of them aren't among the old but the newer.



Plastic garbage clogs the sewer.

I must make love to her.

Better late than sooner.

Will sail on a phantom prairie schooner.

Rocking to the sound of a piano tuner.




End - Jon Billet - 08.16.2016

No comments:

Post a Comment