Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Fluorescent Eyes

"Fluorescent Eyes"



The sounds I hear shield blind invisibility like translucent lightning on a rainy window pane. As clear as a muffled shot ringinging out in 63'.  God rode with us in that hearse.  A sightlessshot's aim for such a saddened nation where I was born to my station.  A thundering noise whose sharpness was heard even by the deaf.  Read by God's hand in Braille.  Nobody else could see this clearly spoken.  The tears shed by the birds overhead on that rainy November day in that Texas May.  Get down on your hands and knees and pray in your actor's play.  Oh! God forgive them for they know not what they do.  Swallowing pins in my sleep's dreams, nothing is realer than it seems.  The brothers, bride, and children stood quietly still.  Life was nil.  This empty place in space.  I can hear the screams in these scene's dreams.


 

J. Billet's
        

No comments:

Post a Comment