Wednesday, February 15, 2012

An Anatomy Of Oedipus Rex

"An Anatomy Of Oedipus Rex"


At a local café I mentioned that I used an unnamed expletive in one of my poems and had told a high school student about it.  I said that I used no foul language when explaining it to the student.  I didn't even use the word to the customer to whom I was speaking.

A woman covered in tattoos, which some might think were done in grotesque manner, yelled at me, "You ought to be ashamed of yourself saying that to a kid, and you know what I'm talking about!" - "No," I replied. "I don't know what you are talking about, and I don't think you do either!"  The woman reminded me of a hot tattooed penis.

Freud uses the term "penis envy" in his writing.  Modern masters use nude models, penises, and vaginas included.  The Greeks and Romans had a thing for the nude body in their statues and statuettes:  All body parts included.  Ancient digs have uncovered erotic findings in their discoveries.  Even Saturday Night Live uses the term "penis."

How could we procreate without them?  Even in this most Victorian of times!  She, herself, illustrates her body with tattoos.  Possibly being an ignoramus, she is embarrassed and wants to cover it up.  Imagine such a sexy woman being ashamed of such a beautiful body.  

Not me - proud, little, skinny dick that I am.  Short like James Cagney and just like him, a giant of a man.

What's wrong with the word "penis"?  Most men have one.  I say, up with the penis.  It's a point loved by all.  Man Power!  Female Power!  Tattoo Power!  And yes, even Penis Power!


By A Proud Member of the Human Race named Jonathan Billet

No comments:

Post a Comment