Monday, February 27, 2012

Car Wreck On Stage 6


“Car Wreck On Stage 6”


A rat is hanging from my skin with razor-sharp teeth.  My flesh is stretched by the weight of the rat, fastened to it over a garbage can.  I can feel the sharp pain.  My mind is full of terror.  I can’t shake this thing off.  I’m in a jail cell in a small town in Alabama.  They’re torturing me with razor blades.  Cutting into my slashed back.  In a double-winged World War II plane.  I sit in the front seat with a headless pilot and I look down into his missing head.  It’s raining as we pass through the clouds, caked with dried blood up to my waist.  Flying out of this scene to you, my love.  I’m baking like a plastic insect in an oven.  Officer Rida has just stopped my car and is getting me out and making me walk through a freezing fall pond with dead brown leaves on top and bottom.  My tennis shoes are soaked through to my socks and my blue jeans are soaked up to my knees.  Love – most of what I texted you last night will be emailed to you.  Life itself will end.  But your love will last an eternity.  My heart will forever be full of the love you have bestowed on me.  You will live on through the best.  I can supply the world with the love I write about in my spoken and written words.  What makes you speak so loud in this world of deaf silence that screams in terror of its sanity?  Your children will live on and carry you through life.  I will die.  Happy heartbroken love – Billy.


J. Billet’s

No comments:

Post a Comment