Monday, August 6, 2012

I Saw God And Was Drunk


"I Saw God And Was Drunk"

Saw my Father in the statue of a monk.
God help me - I wasn't drunk.
A tree's trunk really stunk.
It took me 20 years to clear my funk.
Like Van Ronk, I sang my tunes.
Every summer in afternoon's Junes.
Giant ballrooms where people danced to this melody.
But never in harmony.
Black as blue and true as night.
God will stop our little fight.
God tries with all his might.
Is that wrong or is that right?
One New Year's Eve I talked to the Rabbi Steve.
He didn't mean to deceive or mislead.
But he told me what came from my heart was truth.
What about life's sore tooth?
It started for me in the kissing booth.
And I ended up with a Babe named Ruth.
Now I don't know how I treated my kid.
But I really got a bid to get rid of this kid.
Struck out on my balls.
Like wandering down some halls in an evening's waterfalls.
Somehow my car stalls.
And I give it my everything's alls.
A dream calls.
Good day world!
I'll strive to survive whenever I awake from my dream's obscene screams.
Just want to join your team.
Love U Bill!

Brother J. Billet's

No comments:

Post a Comment