Thursday, October 30, 2014

Recurring Dreams

                                                 "Recurring Dreams"



Tripping over my shoestrings.

Tied up in knots.

Smoking white clouds in my blue room.

It's drizzling lemonade drops outside the house.

I'm bawling Nelly, a French mare.

In my queen green bed covered with pink satin sheets.

I look out of the orange curtains to the Martian desert's landscape below.

A hippo stands alone outside my door.

The world is in a paper bag.


Mind traveling to the ancient city of Luxor where I see an Egyptian man.

Has tattoos colored with hieroglyphics.

Took a bus to Thebes, near the pyramids.

Carnations and roses adorn the steps.

Green vines hang down from them.


A sparrow sees a baby child and looks almost as curiously at it, as the child looks at the bird.

They are both snacking on brunch.


I wake up from my dream.

Just in time for Halloween. 

There is a parade of ghosts and goblins going on in my town.





HAPPY HALLOWEEN!!iii!!!



By Jonathan Billet 10.28.2014        

No comments:

Post a Comment