Sunday, December 21, 2014

Syncopated Tooth

                                   "Syncopated Tooth"


I had to pay off the tooth fairy for a syncopated tooth.

A chip that went off the blip.

Like a poem, a syncopated tooth is priceless.

So we had to haggle over the price.

I saw one of my poems that an individual was dragging on his shirt.

A tie-dye shirt.

Worth its weight in silver, platinum, and gold.

Like my poem.

But the light weight poems of T.S. Eliot are worth millions nowadays.

My poem, like my mind, will take a bath with me.

Then we will dry off again.

But the part that was on my shirt will go to the laundry.

To be immersed in liquid soap suds while I stay dry.

I went out in the rain while my poem was tumbling in the dryer.

Can you feel the heat of the coils fire in the dryer?




By Jonathan Billet 12/18/2014

No comments:

Post a Comment