Wednesday, February 3, 2016

Secrets

"Secrets"




The best thoughts are those kept secret.

The best kept secret is one that is lost.

My mind is full of secret thoughts that I can't conceal.

A few I don't know, so I won't reveal.

Life is a perfection I feel.

Especially when the writing becomes real.

I have nothing to sell or steal.

It's like dealing a deal.

Sushi chefs' gourmet meal.


Open and close the revolving doors.

My love will never part.

You are a piece of art.

The stalled car tries to make a new start.


A loud drumbeat to the universe's march to the heavens.

World horrors escalate.

I elevate myself, on the pot.


Sitting on a rocking chair, rocking the night away.

On my porch, with the stars.

Some people are lucky enough to have garage cars.

Other people are lucky if they have cars.

They sleep inside steel bars.


I can't rely on myself to write a good line.

So I don't sign my rhyme.

I let other people write my poems for me.

Poetry for free.



Jon Billets'- 01/27/16

No comments:

Post a Comment