Sunday, February 14, 2016

Superman's Glasses

"Superman's Glasses"


Love all the girls. Can't pick on up. Too Heavy.
Many a few.

                     Copy all my poems.
They are identical twins.
Doppelgangers.
Can't write a good line. Can't draw one either.
I'm too drunk to walk a straight line.
Throw a pretty good one.

I write for all the people of the world. Like them I make mistakes.
Afraid I'll end up in jail. Maybe I do but the world does  too.  we will
end up in the same prison. At the exact same time.
We are doppelgangers.

I wish my pill box was filled. I couldn't
get to sleep for a couple of nights.  My eyes were as dark
as a winter's midnight. I am a sight for soar eyes, The eyes never lie.


boxes piled up on
top of one another with old poems in each of them. I
don't know what I am writing. Wish I could understand it as well
as the
people who read it. Some of them like it.
so I've autographed some of them.

Too tired to write anymore but I'll try.
Hope I don't die.  I write the same stuff.
Wish I didn't have to quit.

Didn't like being circumcised. don't remember it.
Am hooked on sedatives...

want to hold hands and walk you home.

I was made in China.

People never never see superman while he switches identities.
they never show him naked.

Always Clark Kent loosening his tie and taking off his glasses.
How can Superman see what he's doing.
Maybe Clark Kent can't see straight.

I never wear my glasses.
Can't see long distances.

J. Billet- The Journal News Building

No comments:

Post a Comment