Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Color War


                                     "Color War"

Color War broke out on the island.
I wasn't there, but it was blue vs. buff.
I went on a teen tour instead.
Fell for my childhood sweetheart.
Morse was the only of the three of us who got very far.
He was always way ahead of his game.
He had a little fame.
Tommy stole it from me.
It was a recording with Jean Le Ponte.
Dick busted us for pot, but nobody found out, except our parents.
Jon blames me to this day.
Bar mitzvahs suck.
So do Bat mitvahs.
It's always a money celebration.
Just like a phony marriage.
Goodbye and good riddence.
We want the real baloney.
Not the phony baloney.
I was shy, and still am, Rabbi.
Although I must admit I got circumcised on a friday night.
I remember it well!!!...
George, go to hell.
It's where you belong.
A phony Jew.
I am him too.

By Jon Billet

No comments:

Post a Comment