Tuesday, March 25, 2014

In the Shoes


"In The Shoes"



In his own shoes,
talking about somebody's blues -
paying his dues.

You're in your womb -
waiting for God knows whom.

While I'm resting by my father's tomb.

Got total amnesia - 
from Doc Kroger's anesthesia.

My love - - thinking about you
in the neon's white light- -
Night into day - - Day into night.

Elvis believing in moral obligation - 
passed legislation - 
concerning the contemplation of creation....

Physical sensation is oral gratification
or mental masturbation.

Some people have no modulation.
Others have diarrhea of constipation.

Laugh hard and don't cry.
Who doesn't die in hypocrisy's lie?

I dream alone in my poems.
Writing to fill up a room.

At night there's always something to do.
Check in at the barracks at two-twenty-two.

Life can be so hairy, it's scary -

Expelled from life's schools - 
for having shit on my shoes.

Drunk on air and high on drink. 
I just cannot think.........

Puking yellow pumpkins -
and orange banana's stews.

Streets are painted a different
purple's blues.

Cars and apartments - 
many rainbows' multi -
colored hues.

Are my eyes shut tight?
Can I hear through only
one ear?
It's not altogether clear.

Today's salesman in leather shoes - 
selling nursery schools' current events - 
breaking in The Planet News.


By Jonathan Billet
10/21/09 
©        

No comments:

Post a Comment