Sunday, March 30, 2014

Like Life


"Like Life"


Life is like a basketball player dunking a hole in one.

The holy glazed doughnuts are being dunked in the morning coffee.

The world's a secret mystery that we can't see.

Sweeter than the sweetest maple syrup tapped from Red Maple Tree.

A sky is drying and birds are flying, crying through their ears to be free.

I smell my lover's fragrant black roses and she dances in artistic poses.

For my love there is no bound of sightless sound.

When I fail, a dead snail jumps over a third rail.

The conductor sends out an e-mail that will fly into a garbage pail.

I sleep with mosquito netting in a harvest's blue moon summer night.

It is a triple full moon and we are in the middle of a hot June.

After noon I sneak into the commissary for the one remaining spoon.

Soon to eat ice cream with my friend Farah at Citibank.

She watches the cars go by from her top shelf.

Then I go to Starbucks for espresso and cappuccino.  

Drink a passion tea too.

Raking, roasting, then tossing the beans sold in brazen Brazil.

Candelilla Jarrazo!!!

Spring has sprung from Mao's dung.



By Jon Billet 03.29.14.       

No comments:

Post a Comment