Tuesday, January 27, 2015

Born Alone

                               "Born Alone"




I wasn't born.

I was hatched.

In a mysteriously devious plot.

My father was Richard Burton and my mother was Sophia Lauren.

I was whisked away to a sperm clinic when young.

I am more of an apple computer than corn tiller.

Thoughts don't come to me.

I travel many miles to distant thoughts.

The land of thought is not densely populated.

Hardly ever visited.

But it's a beautiful escape.

White desert sands and coconut trees surround it.

There's always food for thinking. 

The people are like the indigenous people of a Gauguin painting.

Primitively advanced in their culture.

I write poems on my walls in reverence to the greatest artists.

They paint on canvas, apartment walls, halls, and street's stores below me. 

They painted my life for me, one early may day.




By Jonathan Billet's

Morning's Night Light-01/27/2014       

No comments:

Post a Comment