Sunday, January 11, 2015

War's Score

"War's Score"


                                    
I don't want the draft.

I'll tell you why.

It smells like tomorrow's drunken beers.

I'm old and have enough fears.

Like wars' cheers makes me cry tears.

I can see with my eyes, smell with my nose, and listen to my ears hear.

Watching the world wonder in amazement for what was done before.

Would like to know a reality's score.

Forty billion dollars more.

It makes me bang my head against the sky's floor.

Opening up a door.

No more war.

I want to know the why and wherefore.

To it.

Don't want to throw a fit!

Life can be full of thrown up spit.

Like taking the shit.

For Andrea. my guiding star.

Together we will get far away.

On what she has to say.

I'll always listen.

To stay and play the day.

This will always pay.




By Jonathan Billet 01/09/2015

No comments:

Post a Comment