Sunday, January 5, 2014

3 North


"3 North"




One of the legs of the bed makes his belongings secure on the floor.

The weight of his heavy body while he sleeps.

Nobody will steal his valuables at the homeless shelter.

Another soul is a mangled body with a shriveled arm and part of a leg.

He jumped in front of the 5 subway in the Bronx while smoking crack.

In again for the crack habit.

They are both distant relations of planets in other solar systems I saw.

Count your blessings and I'll count mine.

Drug dealing is going on at the ward in a discreet manner.

I hope I don't have to end up on the ward again.

There's another guy in there who just got out of prison.

Scared and nervous he will do something which will wind him up back in.

Who would want to end up back in a sanitarium?

Dave's coming back to the Aroma Cafe where I inhale the coffee bean dust.

I choke on the coffee dust beans.

But the people are the opposite of what they are in the institution.

I'm just getting into a class where we can express our feelings.

That is, if we get up in time.

Belongings get ripped off from you, especially money.

Quarters for the telephones are worth millions, they're so much in demand.

The money left me cared for by a guardian my family court-appointed.


Part 2:



My run down apartment in White Plains switching to downtown San Francisco.

I guide my gondola down an aqueduct that has large walls and shallow water. 

Sometimes, in a dream, I drudge through the waterway. 

Near the downtown in White Plains is an apartment building I could rent.

I live there and the space is wide on the floor.

With a mailbox outside the back screen door which is dusty.

The jet's lights are on and the skies are lit up.

Down below San Francisco's lights are visible.





By Jonathan Billet 01/04/13       

No comments:

Post a Comment