Monday, January 20, 2014

Halfway House in White Plains


Drink a cup of coffee.
Spill the beans.
Then spit out your teeth.
No coffee for me.
Always make it iced tea!
My tap water and medication make me cry and pee.



                      "Halfway Day"


I knew a woman who was on psychiatric medication who successfully gave birth. I had a chance to pick her up but her future husband did before I could.  He committed suicide in California, where they moved to from White Plains, me and the halfway-house.  The baby's name was Taquiny and was Jewish on her mother's side and African American and Native American on her father's.  I saw Debbie back in White Plains crossing a street years later.  A mutual friend told me Mark committed suicide quite a time after I spotted Debbie in White Plains.

By Jonathan Billet 01/19/04       

No comments:

Post a Comment