Tuesday, December 29, 2015

Living On Borrowed Time

"Living On Borrowed Time"



Am I living on borrowed time?

It appears not.

The world lives on stolen time.

Is life in a rush to get done with?

A rush or a slow motion's picture.


Dreaming in color inside Van Gogh paintings.

Wandering into a heavy Tolstoy novel.

I live forever in poet's utopia.

Want to stay in never, never land.


I don't live in a city or the country.

Live in the suburbs.

Where the town folk have bigger mouths then their elephant ears can hear.

All, in a rush of precious seconds to go nowhere.

The grass seems greener there.


Cusses, I dare swear, into the deaf air.

What is fair, is fair.

Although, I'd like to get away from there.

I'm here to stay for another day.




Jon Billet

No comments:

Post a Comment